Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lola and the Couch

For some reason, Crazy Lola, decided that she liked the taste of sofas.  Yes sofas.  Why couldn't she pick something less destructive, like tissues or paper towels.  (Ok, that is not as much fun at the back end, but much cheaper).  A nice sofa was bought for my extra basement lounge area.  And I come home one day and low and behold, there is a hole in the side sofa.  At least that one is not too hard to fix.

Now, this is a little harder to fix. 


Yes, those are holes in the cushions.  Now, this is about the third or forth time this happened.  I flipped the cushions, been through about 3 or 4 slip covers.  It just did not seem to stop.

So how do you stop it.  I am still trying to figure that one out.  But here are a few things I have found.  There are non-toxic sprays that can be sprayed on furniture, carpet, walls, etc, that are bitter in flavor and will hopefully deter the dog from wanting to chew it let alone taste it.  And let me tell you, I got a little on my hand and it does not taste good.   Another thing I have heard, is putting a piece of foil on the couch.  I will be trying this technique. 

The other thing that has worked wonders, is just putting a heavy chair or another piece of furniture on the couch.  This has stopped Lola from chewing on the couch or even getting on it.  
  


She seems to have finally grown out of the chewing of the furniture (knock on wood), so it has been decided to buy a new couch.  I will still be using the techniques of putting the chair on the couch.  It is cheap and easy and if Lola ever decides she needs a taste again, this should deter her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I had to laugh when I read this. Not because eating couches is funny but because I have been there, and it's nice to know that I am not alone.
    Luckily Leroy did out grow this-so there is hope:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, we are doing the blog hop and when I saw these pictures I had to comment here instead of on the top post. We used to make a barricade around the couch too whenever we had to leave them alone in the house. We used to have 4 dogs & they would just go nuts on the furniture when we weren't home. I know they weren't too happy but it was nice to come home & see everything in one piece. Have a Great Weekend
    Erin & Mom

    ReplyDelete