Monday, August 9, 2010

Destruction

At some point, when Lola was in her teenage years, she started going down the destructive path.  Not mentally, like we would say about a human teenager, an actual destructive path.  She decided she should chew up things.  Yes, I know this happens with all dogs.  Even my dad's dog, Otis, went down the same path.

Lola has chewed up a variety of things.  I sure I will even leave some out of this list.  There were of course shoes, paper towels, tissues, and books.  Even her own dog beds.  (Yes, there were multiple dog beds.  I thought she needed a bed so I tried a few.  But that is a whole other post.)  But there were even worse things. She has chewed a couple holes in the wall.  Although, that one I think is my fault.  

The brilliant idea of using a laser pointer and shinning it all on the wall and allowing her to chase it was presented to me.  I did it  and she loved it.  It thought it was a great way for her to get some more exercise and get some of the energy out.   But I think the red little dot was tormenting her in her dreams and during the day.  And one day, I came one to a hole in the wall.  Luckily, it was not too big and I was able to patch it.

She also likes the taste of couches.  Yes, couches.  If only she could chose something cheaper.  Check out the blog tomorrow for those stories.  Yes, there are stories.

Just to top off this post.  Here is one fun surprise I came home too.  In case you ever wondered what was inside of a pillow, you will now know.  And let me tell you, this stuff is not easy to clean up.  They are basically little balls of cotton.  It took a few days to get it all. Even with the vacuum.


3 comments:

  1. O my! That is a big mess! Your Lola makes me feel not so bad about what Leroy has destroyed in my house!
    She is awfully cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passing through from the blog hop. Pleased to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the is a huge mess. That is what my house looks like all the time. My dog chews up all of her dog beds. I don't mind tho, she seems to have fun while doing it and at least its not my couch cushions.

    ReplyDelete