Friday, August 13, 2010

Dog Supplies with Swagbucks

We all know having a dog, or any pet for that matter, is not cheap.  Between vet bills, food, supplies and toys it can get expensive.  And especially in this economy, I'm sure most of us are trying to safe wherever we can.

One thing I love using is swagbucks.  It is a search engine similar to Google, yahoo, etc., except you earn points or swagbucks when you search.   The Swag Guy or Girl also post "codes" from time to time to help you earn more swagbucks.  Once you have enough swagbucks you can then redeem them for gifts or items listed on the site. (Check out this how to post from Blogging With Amy.  She gives some great step by step directions.)

Swagbucks are basically free cash to me.  I almost always cash my swagbucks in for $5 Amazon gift cards.  But you can also get Starbucks gift cards, Barnes & Noble gift cards and so much more.  You can check out the rewards and the number of swagbucks you need here.

Now, I am a numbers girl, so let me tell you how much I have earned.  I started tracking my earnings in April.  (I joined prior to that but did not log my earnings.)  I have earned 5,427 swagbucks since April 1, 2010.  I have redeemed 3,150 swagbucks for 7 $5 gift cards.  That is $35 free dollars.  If I continue to earn at the same rate, I could potentially earn $180 in Amazon gift cards.  Now, that is quite a few toys and poop bags.

I typically use my gift cards for dog supplies, but I have used them for books or gifts too.  I bought a dog bed for Lola, toys, and even poop bags.  I was able to get them for free or for a fraction of the price.  You know the old saying "A penny saved is a penny earned."

If you are interested on joining I have a box on the right side of my page that will link you right up to swagbucks or just go to www.swagbucks.com.  I highly recommend.  I love it.  (And trust me I would not write about it if I didn't.)

I used swagbucks to partially pay for this Molly Mutt bed.


And finally, here is a picture of Lola with one of her free toy.  And trust me she does not care one bit that it is free.  She is just has happy to chase it and chew it regardless of the price.



 Do you used swagbucks?  What other cost saving techniques to you use for toys and supplies?

1 comment:

  1. Great link, thanks for sharing! I will check it out.
    I save by working at a vet clinic, yes I work there to support my dogs, the discount is huge:)

    ReplyDelete