Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lola and The Squirrel Encounter

We all know how horrible those tree rats are.  Lola and I got so close to a squirrel that we both so studded that we did not know what to do.  Here is what happened.

A few weeks ago we were on our normal evening walk.  We were close to home, and then all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw something.  I looked down and realized there was a squirrel about 3 feet away from me. ( It freaked me out so much I almost thought it was going to attack me.)  Lola was beyond excited about it.  She was trying to get as close as possible to it.


At this point we were about a foot away from it.  Lola was trying to get as close as possible to it.  At first I thought it was dead because it did not even move.  But then as I was letting Lola look at it, it moved its head. But it did not run.  I am not sure if it was injured or scared.

I did not want Lola to get so close to it that it would attack or bite or scratch her (who knows what type of diseases those tree rats carry.)  But sure enough, the next day, the squirrel was gone.  Lola was not happy that she did not get to get as close as she could to it.

5 comments:

  1. Good thing you didn't get too close, Lola - it might have been a sick tree rat.

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away from those critters Lola. They have cooties.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. We HATE being held back. Those critters are made to chase!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    Does sound like it had a problem, so probably better you were held back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, good thinkin Mom. Probably was sick.

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got a great picture! That is pretty scary that it didn't move... who knows what kind of illness it was carrying lol. Glad you were able to keep Lola away from it!

    ReplyDelete